Osas Uwaifo started her professional career as a Reservoir Engineer with Chevron Nigeria Limited and later moved on to Arkleen Oil and Gas as a Commercial and Business Analyst. She has worked in various capacities in the Oil and Gas Industry with over 16yrs experience in positions of increasing responsibility and is currently the Managing Director-Century Exploration and Production Limited.
She is an experienced Petroleum Engineer and a Commercial/Business Manager with a passion for excellence and a strong desire to develop into a highly successful professional, working and creating value in world class organizations.
She has also attended a number of oil and gas, commercial/business management courses, conferences in Nigeria/abroad with a stint at the Havard Business School and Edinburgh Business School-Heriot Watt University. Osas is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).
My journey so far with CG group
Since resumption in March 2008, I have been an integral part of the Century family and commenced my services as Commercial Coordinator and then the Head Business Development/Commercial team that secured and managed the FPSO Perkasa, FPSO Perdana, FPSO Mystras, FPSO Front Puffin, OML 40, 42, NRG Rig/Manpower Contracts.
These efforts increased revenues year on year for CG and brought significant brand visibility for our organization as the leading O&M Company in West Africa.
On redeployment to CEPL in 2016, it seemed a daunting/challenging task as I was met with legacy issues but in less than a few weeks/months:
- We produced circa 40,000bbls of oil out of Atala well 1 and was shut in due to storage constraints.
- Got the necessary government and regulatory permits/approvals to lift insitu produced crude to Thujal Bhavani terminal.
- We engaged in termination of existing contracts to eliminate day rate contracts and vendor negotiations to reduce outstanding debts.
- Engaged in new contracting strategies for the EPF and evacuation scope.
- Our goal/focus now is to bring Atala back to production. Preparations are ongoing.